I love Pinterest. Its so great for preserving and documenting future ideas + concepts. I saw this sweet recipe for oat & pecan bars but I adapted my own version and it was so delicious. Don’t skimp on the sea salt! It adds an interesting balance in taste, especially with nut butters
1/2 cup water+ 2 tbsp chia seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
1 1/2 cups unsweetened rice milk (or whichever dairy-free milk of your choice)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 ripe banana, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans & walnuts
Preheat your oven to 375 F. Use a non-dairy butter or oil to grease a 8×8 inch pan
- Mix the water & chia seeds. Stir until it becomes a gel.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oats, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the rice milk, maple syrup, banana, nut butter, vanilla extract and chia gel.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until while incorporating the chopped pecans and walnuts in increments
- Add the mixed content into the greased pan and gently smooth out the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are lightly crisp, remove from oven and let cool for 8 minutes
- After 8 or so minutes, you can cut these into bars. I followed the original recipes and cut them into 9 pieces.