With the new years comes the desire from resolutions goals, things to overcome in the new year. Though I have written a bit about what I would like the new year to bring, but I think it is a good to have dreams and I like to think of goals as a paper ship ride, not fully knowing where you will go but eventually, you will reach land. And that is important. To journey and have a vision (or several) and see where the wind will take you.
This year I would like to
1. Harvest a garden. I want wildflowers, herbs and maybe a small lemon tree
2. Explore more of California, and have more adventures in general, make new friendships
3. Journal more. I admire people who at the end of the year have heavily filled journals
4. Write down every bit of inspiration, vision and dream
5. Tackle new knitting techniques, as daunting or intimidating as it may seem
6. Collect more treasures and old books
7. Focus more on my darling pen pals/packages
8. Join a workshop, any kind, at least once this year
9. My goal this year is to read 60 books.
10. Improve my health organically, holistically. blogs I love : Brit, Sarah and Keeper of the Home
11. Document more, I used to be someone who took photos and captured memories, I haven’t done that in years, I want to return to collecting memories
I have more but I’ll keep this one short!
Well, Winter is coming soon. I love winter. Autumn and Winter are my favorite seasons. If it were possible, everyday would be one of the two. We put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I still don’t know what we are going to do for that day, besides run to the movie theatres to catch Les Misérables. Anyway, the other night I had a dream about owls. It is said that the Lenape Indians believed to dream of an owl, it becomes your guardian. Symbolically, owls are truth seers, and bring wisdom. I think being drawn to owls has come at a perfect time. I believe you should do what you love passionately, take risks without fear but always have happiness in your heart. To be graceful and to see the beauty in everything is key. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I have to believe in my self in order to grow, and I have to be driven in order to succeed. I think we are a lot similar to seeds, and roots, although we can’t see growth right away, within the earth the roots are sprouting and blossoming.
“As the glow of the cabin windows turned to flickers through the trees and then to black, her eyes adjusted and the starlight alone on the pure white snow was enough to light her way. The cold scorched her cheeks and her lungs, but she was warm in her fox hat and wool. An owl swooped through the spruce boughs, a slow-flying shadow, but she was not frightened. She felt old and strong, like the mountains and the river. She would find her way home.”
Here are some woodland creature paintings up in the shop